Provide skilled nursing care to the mentally/emotionally comprised patient in their homes, works in team relationship with the professional nursing staff and others and carries assigned responsibilities. Works under the Supervisor of Clinical Services and/or Director/Supervisor of Behavioral Health.
1. Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current Mental Health nursing practice. Demonstrates proficiency in the mental status assessment, knowledge and understanding of various DSM IV diagnosis and treatment, behavioral approaches and proper use of psychiatric tools and techniques.
2. Knowledge of the concept of team nursing and constructive leadership.
3. Knowledge of the use of community resources.
4. Ability to make meaningful observations, evaluations and reports.
5. Ability to accept and constructively utilize supervision.
6. Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to maintain constructive relationships in dealing with them.
7. Ability to provide skilled nursing care based on specific principles, basic behavioral concepts and intelligent professional judgment.
8. Ability to recognize when there is a need for a judgment and flexibility in nursing care functions so as to maintain quality nursing care in all types of situations.
9. Ability to exercise leadership coupled with tolerance and understanding as well as with appreciation and respect for the special abilities and skills of others.
10. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Possession of a current Connecticut license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
11. Must perform all duties as required by the Supervisor/Program Director or his/her designee.
A. Must have the ability of getting in to and out of a vehicle 10 15 times a day.
B. Normal range of vision is required with or without correction.
C. Normal range of hearing is required with or without correction.
D. Must have the ability to speak clearly.
E. Must have the ability to sit in a vertical prolonged periods of time.
F. Must have the ability to lift, push, pull and/or transfer a patient.
Loading some great jobs for you...