- AECOM Technology Corporation
- $94,700.00 -142,240.00/year*
694 Co Rd 59
United States of America - New York, Gilboa
The Water Division of AECOM is actively seeking a Change Order Engineer for immediate employment at our Gilboa Dam work site in Gilboa, New York.
The Change Order Engineer reports to the Resident Engineer & responsibilities include assisting and providing the documentation as below:
* Evaluates the Proposed Change.
* Origin and Originator of Proposed Change.
* Classification of Proposed Change, i.e., Error in the contract documents., Omission from the contract documents., Unforeseeable job site conditions, Change in the requirements of a regulatory agency, Changes in specified work due to the unavailability of specified materials.
* Estimates Cost of Proposed Change and reviews contractor's estimate.
* Assist in the negotiation of Change Order.
* Assessment of funding available on contract.
* Other assignments as determined & directed by the CM or RE.
The Office Engineer is responsible for setting up, maintaining and closing out the project records. The Office Engineer will work closely with the Resident Engineer and the Site Project Manager to ensure project records are prepared in accordance with contract and applicable NYDEP manuals and policies. The Office Engineer will work with Inspectors to ensure all reports are complete, accurate and free from mathematical errors. Additional responsibilities of the Office Engineer are:
* Check IDRs to ensure accuracy of calculations, locations, and payment items.
* Ensure that all material received and incorporated into the project are certified and in accordance with specifications.
* Verify the EEO correspondence is submitted with the allowable time frame and is in conformance with contract requirements.
* Process monthly or bi-weekly payment estimates.
* Ensure all paperwork has been thoroughly completed signed, dated, stamped, etc.
* Receive, distribute, log, track and file all shop drawings and submissions.
* Receive, distribute, log, track, and file all correspondence.
* Create and maintain a project photo log.
* Assist in maintaining up-to-date record plans for incorporation into the final As-Built Plans.
* Inventory and box all project records at closeout.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction or comparable degree
* 4+ years of experience in engineering or the field of construction management
* Experienced in engineering contract document review & processing change orders
* Excellent organization skills
* Experienced in shop drawing management of construction filed sites
* Proven project record preparation and management experience aligning with client manuals and policies.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Experience with NYDEP projects
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to \"make amazing happen\" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Construction Management
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 212160BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: building, building code, calculation, civil engineer, function, infrastructure, land, roadway, soil mechanic, traffic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...